Re: Parallel Object Under NT - Effective

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/11/03

AlwynCoopr <alwyncoopr_at_aol.com> wrote in article <19971030114301.GAA15247_at_ladder02.news.aol.com>...
> Hi,
> I have twin 166 server and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on
 how
> effective parallel tables etc are under NT or should I leave it to unix

I doubt that the parallel option will be less "effective" under NT than Unix. Both operating systems support SMP and multi-threading. (And NO I am NOT interested in any stupid follow up articles on NT vs UNIX!)

I suggest that you run performance monitor and check CPU usage. If there is still some horses left, use them by activating the paralllel query option.

regards,
Billy Received on Mon Nov 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST