RBS - how to dimension ?

From: <thpetsen_at_news.nbi.dk>
Date: 1997/11/03

Hi
I am configuring a database for the first time, and i am not sure how to determine the number of rollback-segments needed and how to dimension storage (initial, next, minextents).
I have been told that the number of segments schould depend on the number of transactions (v$transaction), e.g. if #trans > 32 -> #segments = #trans/4, with an initial 20 extents, if #trans < 16 -> #segments = 4. I have found some older databases on my system, configured with one RBS of size 100 M (initial=10M, next=10M), wich seems quite large. Can the RBS be configured too large (thinking of performance) ? Any hints / pointers to manuals appreciated ! Thanks,
Thomas Petersen Received on Mon Nov 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST