Re: How to CM an Oracle DB

From: Patrick Ryan <pat_at_halcyon.com>
Date: 1997/10/31

I would suggest use of the Designer/2000 repository as your CM mechanism. The tool would allow generation of the DDL to create the triggers, tables, RI checks etc. that you require. There is capability to set a baseline and do rudimentary other CM tasks, as I understand it. The tables definitions can be retrofitted into the tool.

Theres alot of work involved here, but the payoff is high, since the database can be generated at any time and all the data is available in a central repository to whomever is designated access.

-Pat Ryan
 LIAS Senior Programmer/Analyst
 My views do not necessarily represent those of my company; nor indeed of  any other sentient being. Received on Fri Oct 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CST