Another Oracle "Feature" when installing 7.3.3.0.2

From: Satar Naghshineh <satarnag_at_worldsite.com>
Date: 1997/10/29

Hi everyone,
Just got done installing ver 7.3.3.0.2 on Sun OS 2.5.1

After installing, I tried to connect to the Oracle Database via Enterprise manager when I noticed that every time I started the Listener process, it kept changing the Port Number. I set the Port number to 1521, but it kept changing on me. It turns out you have have to comment out the following lines in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora file: USE_CKPFILE_LISTENER = true
USE_PLUG_AND_PLAY_LISTENER = true

Hope I save others from the frustrations I've recieved... Oh yeah, To make DBSHUT and DBSTART to work, You have to Substitute all occurences of sqldba to svrmgrl. 7.3 no longer supports SQLDBA. (how nice of Oracle to include two scripts that do not run properly)

Satar Naghshineh
Oracle DBA Received on Wed Oct 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST