SQL Net & NAT router

From: Bernt Marius Johnsen <Bernt.M.Johnsen_at_novit.no>
Date: 1997/10/29

I can't get SQL Net to work through a Cisco NAT router. It seems that the listener reports its IP-address back to the client where it (of course) is not a valid IP-address. Have I missed something, or is this just impossible.

I tried to get advice from Oracle support, but they replied that I needed an SQL Net proxy in the firewall. (How do they expect me to run a proxy on a router????? :-) Received on Wed Oct 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST