Re: How to CM an Oracle DB

From: Ken Nichols <knichols_at_mcsilo.ilo.dec.com>
Date: 1997/10/29

Mark,

CM of a DB schema can certainly be done. On my project we're using a CASE tool called S-Designor from Powersoft. One of its options (which we're not using, unfortuately) is to store the schema model in an RDBMS, which allows versioning in the manner of RCS, SCCS, PVCS, SourceSafe, etc.

I believe that Oracle's CASE tool, Designer 2000, does something similar.

Regards,
Ken