Re: 32bit ODBC with 16 bit SQL*Net ?

From: Christoph Jüngling <Juengling_at_gmx.de>
Date: 1997/10/28

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997 17:02:14 -0600, gwebster_at_dot.net.au wrote:

>I am currently using Access2 to connect to an Oracle database via =
 SQL*Net
>under Windows NT.
>
>I would like to use Access97, but can't seem to find the right drivers.
>Can someone please tell me what I need to do this?

Hi Glenn,

point your browser to www.oracle.com and try to find the "Free Software Download" section. There you'll get some tables, and one of those should contain the right Oracle Version and OS for your purpose.

Be sure to download a 32bit driver, because Access 97 is 32bit.=20

I've got Win95, Acc97, Ora7.3 and running ODBC driver vers. 2.5.3.1.0b, but this one always fails when re-login is necessary after ConnectionTimout occured. This causes Access 97 to crash in msjet35.dll :-(

Last stable version I ran was 2.0.3.1.1.

>Current-
>
>Oracle version is 6 Windows NT ODBC Admin 16 bit and 32 bit installed I
>tried to install Oracle 7 driver, but errored out when trying to =
connect.

Oracle-7-driver for Oracle 7? Oh well ...

HTH
        Chris

--=20
"Check out today's tip: You can hurt yourself if you run with scissors." (aus: WinWord 97, Tip of the day) Received on Tue Oct 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST