Re: System commands from within a stored procedure?

From: Dan Clamage <clamage_at_mime.dw.lucent.com>
Date: 1997/10/27

The offical method of performing any external activity is to write the request to an Oracle pipe and have an external program (like Pro*C) read the request from the pipe and perform the request. Wrap these pipe reads/writes in stored procedures. It'll be a good learning experience for you.
- Dan Clamage

Mark Aurit <mark_aurit_at_NOSPAM.mail.northgrum.com> wrote in article <01bce2f2$15616a40$3d846380_at_MAURIT>...