Re: Can updates via ODBC be disabled while retrievals are allowed?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1997/10/27

Using GRANT SELECT ON table_name TO user; should do the trick.

If you have a lot of users and/or tables look into creating a role(s) that are authorized to select a set of tables and then GRANT role_name TO user;

I think the best approach is to assign select to the role(s) for each set of tables. Drop all of the existing users (yeah, I get kind of drastic), Create each of the users, grant them session so they can connect to the database, and then grant them one or more roles as appropriate.

Jerry