Re: DEV/2000

From: <gassosofocean_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/10/26

I had the same annoying message. After a bit closer reading and checking around, I found out what wasn't quite so clear.

First - make sure you set your environments in your autoexec file.

		Something looking like: 	set oracle_home = d:\orawin95\bin
					set oracle_sid = d:\orawin95\database

Second - your running (I presume) the Oracle 7 database for Win95 which is 32 bit. The DEV/2000 is 16 bit. That means, you have to run the windows 3.1 setup in order to get the 32 bit compatible files so the 16 bit program works with the 32 bit oracle.

This is a pain in the butt, and there is a text file on the CD to sort of explain this. Once you get it right, it works just fine.

Good luck.

blueb_at_erols.com wrote:

->Hi there:

->I bought a book "ORACLE UNLEASHED" that came with a copy of Developer
->2000. The installation of the software on my Windows 95 machine went
->without problems. However I keep getting this error message when I try
->to run any module of the program: "ORA-03121 NO INTERFACE DRIVER
->CONNECTED - FUNCTION NOT PERFORMED". Can anyone tell the steps I
->need to follow to correct the CONNECTION problem? Your help will be
->sincerely appreciated.