Re: Strange WebForms error, strange Oracle answer - baffled!

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1997/10/26

: Furthermore, Oracle says that Netscape as well as Microsoft Internet
: Explorer aren't certified yet. Actually, no browser has been
: certified. It seems that the newest version of Microsoft's Internet
: Exlorer doesn't work with Oracle. That is, until preview 2 it worked
: fine, but after that no more.

I phoned Oracle WWS on friday about some web form issues and I too was told that no browsers are currently certified.

I haven't yet got Netscape to work at all - hash errors on the JAR files - I have tried various patches to the java components of Netscape, but so far no luck.

Microdaft IE 4.0 fails miserably as they have deviated from the Java standard, which gives an error in MessageBeep - oracle prob# 1011476.7 - for which the oracle fix is to add 'quiet=yes' as a parameter to the call to forms. This fix doesn't appear to work when one form calls another via call_form() - if the parameter is not added to the call_form() call you can get the same Java error and if it is added the call fails as 'quiet' is not a parameter to the form that you are calling ! Someone reaaly should sue Microdaft about deviating from the Java standard security model like this :)

: >Webserver 2.1 is the way to go, but I still suspect it's just a stupid
: >setup error on our part. Any ideas would be very, very welcome at this
: >point. We've had real problems getting the right version of Web
: >Developer suite as well- if anyone wants to hear what we've found out
: >feel free to email.

FWIW I've been testing with the freeware 'Xitami' server on NT4.0 and it all seems OK for static html.

IAP

--
In an attempt to reduce junk email I use an invalid 'From' address.
My correct email address can be determined by replacing 'not.valid' with