Re: Enterprise Manager and Performance Pack

From: Dave Clarke <dave_at_keve.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/25

"Fredrik HÃ¥kansson" <fredrik.hakansson_at_kalmarind.se> wrote:

> Can anyonoe tell me if there is a difference between Enterprise Manager and
>Performance Pack? Is it possible to use one without the other. The reason
>for asking this is that I am looking for a graphical administration tool
>that you can run with a workgroup server and I've been told that Enterprise
>Manager with Performance Pack only van be used on an Enterprise Server.
>Anyone?

Enterprise Manager allows you to manager the "Enterprise" I.E start and stop database, see who's in the instance, do database backups and do performance monitoring. Whilst Performance Pack allows you to do is run Lock-Manager -i.e. see who's locking what and kill em, See who/what are the Top Sessions and then delve into explain plan

I suppose it depends what you mean by an enterpise server, or for that manner an enterprise, I use it to peer at all our databases big or small, though to get the best use you do need to setup Intelligent Agents Received on Sat Oct 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT