Help: Connection to Oracle tables via ODBC/JET/DAO

From: Benutzerzentrum <benutzi_at_lonza.ch>
Date: 1997/10/24

Does anybody have the same problem: I'm trying to connect to an Oracle 7.3 DB with Visual Basic 4. The Oracle tables are attached to a Jet MDB which I then try to access by using a DAO in my VB program. But I keep getting "ODBC connection to <ODBC-Data-Source> failed".

Funny thing: I have no problems connecting to a native Jet Table, created using MS-Access 2 within the same MDB.

If you should happen to know a solution, please e-mail me at

kurt.inalbon_at_lonza.ch

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kurt In Albon
Lonza AG Fine Chemicals
Lonzastrasse
CH-3930 Visp
Switzerland Received on Fri Oct 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT