Re: URGENT: LOST OF DATA

From: S V <sv1_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/10/23

One thing any [normal] DBA would do in addition to cold backups: [full] database exports.

This is something just to begin with..

Without system tablespace you cannot
get any other tablespace online.

the only thing you might
try to do is to pull your 14-days old
backup, start database and then do
1. take your tablespace_you_want_to_recover offline. 2. replace datafiles from that tablespace with those

    from most recent backup.
3. try to take that tablespace back online.

99% chance it will fail.

In this very likely case
you might try to call Oracle support...

Or do something like
dd if=you_old_db_file of=new_db_file bs=your_db_block_size count=1
on all datafiles from that tablespace.
This will replace header blocks on new files with those from old files and _may dupe Oracle into accepting them as legit..

BTW, I would be interested hearing about results of the last operation...

Sincerely,
Sergei

Sergej Ro¾man <tatjana.pavlic_at_guest.arnes.si> wrote in article <62kpnt$dvo$1_at_kanja.arnes.si>...