Re: Stored Procedure to Copy Long Raw

From: Michael Bouda <michael.bouda_at_messe.de>
Date: 1997/10/23

Thomas Sommerfeld schrieb:

> Im trying to develop a stored proc with Oracle 7.3 that will copy an
> existing row to a new row. The table contains a LONG RAW column.
> The stored proc I use looks like this one:
>
> procedure copyrow (OldKey in number,NewKey out number) as
> This works fine while the content of TextField is smaller than 32 K,
> because that's maximum length of the LONG variable in the proc.
> Nevertheless I need a way to copy a row with fields containing data up
>
> to 10 MB and more.

Hmm, perhaps you can write a Pro*C program to copy the content of the long raw column. Call this program using dbms_pipe. This will work also for rows greater than 32K. I don't know if this is the right way to copy long raw fields with contains data of 10 MB and more. Perhaps there is a way to read only parts of the long raw field and make successive copy operations?

Michael Received on Thu Oct 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT