Re: UTL_FILE pkg and client side woes

From: Dan Clamage <clamage_at_mime.dw.lucent.com>
Date: 1997/10/22

It really does not make sense trying to write to the client box. Instead, create a file unique for that user and write it to the server in the specified UTL_FILE_DIR directory. You can use the user name or the unique session id, or both (to distinguish the user logged in twice). If you really need the file written to the client, write a 3GL server daemon application to write it. You can use dbms_pipe as the communications link.
- djc

Gopal <gopal_at_astro.temple.edu> wrote in article <628lgr$5it$2_at_cronkite.ocis.temple.edu>...