Re: Oracle on NT issues

From: robsoft <nospam_at_robsoft.compulink.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/22

Hi

> as much as 5 hours without errors - but they return. Once NT has been
> restarted however, the system is fine for another several months.? Have
> n't
> found a sufficient answer. We are using NT3.51, Oracle 7.2. Upgrading
> NT may
> help and we're planning to do this soon. Yet, because it 'generally' ru
> ns
> well, this issue is more irritant than obstacle.

I seem to recall that 7.2 on NT has some bugs relating to shutting down (and possibly managing it's resources) if users are connected to the system when a shutdown is required. I can't precisely remember this but I think you ought to look to upgrading to Oracle 7.3. Every Oracle installation I know of uses either 7.1 or 7.3 - out of maybe 18-20 different installations at different companies across Europe, I don't know of anyone using 7.2. Maybe this is just a coincidence, but we ourselves skipped from 7.1 to 7.3. Perhaps you should talk to Oracle about your problems?

best wishes,
Rob Received on Wed Oct 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT