Re: Webserver 2.1 (on NT) and Networkfilesystems

From: Marc Fleischeuers <marcf_at_kub.nl>
Date: 1997/10/22

befana_at_augusta.de (Anja Moessbauer) writes:

> Hi,
> can Webserver map to Networkfilesystems ?
> I have install a fixed Networkfilesystem to Drive E: ,
> local it works fine.
> But Webserver-Listener do not start with a map to this Drive, why ?

Probably because your webserver runs as user LocalSystem. While the exact implications of running as user LocalSystem are still a bit hazy to me, I do believe that *no* network mappings are allowed for this user. You could try to run the Webserver as a normal user (Control Panel->Services->Startup), and enable this mapping for the specified user. My solution was to hook up a large disk to the machine the web server runs on.

Marc Received on Wed Oct 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT