Re: Oracle, Active Server Pages and ActiveX Data Objects (ADO)

From: Rick Brown <rick_at_onramp.net>
Date: 1997/10/22

In article <01bcdec9$812660a0$05652c95_at_MotherShip.chicago.ctp.com> "Adeniran Fajemisin" <afajem_at_ctp.com> writes:
>From: "Adeniran Fajemisin" <afajem_at_ctp.com>
>Subject: Oracle, Active Server Pages and ActiveX Data Objects (ADO)
>Date: 22 Oct 1997 15:02:42 GMT

>Hi,
>I'm currently developing a Web application and I kind of ran into snag of
>some sort. Here's some background info:
>Web Server: Microsoft's Internet Information Server (IIS)
>Operating System: Windows NT Server
>Database Engine: Oracle 7.3 on a Windows NT Server
>Application: Written using Active Server Pages (VBScript) and ADO for
>database access

>Here's the problem. The Active Server Pages can't hit the database. The
>database is on a separate machine than the Web server. When the Active
>Server Pages try to open a database connection it crashes, the script that
>is. I was able to communicate with the Oracle database through an SQL*Net
>connection using an Oracle connectivity tool I downloaded, so I suspect the
>Oracle connection is not the problem. Does anyone know what the problem
>might be? If there is anymore information need, please do not hesitate to
>let me know. Thanks

Which Oracle ODBC driver are you using? Get the latest one from Microsoft if you can. (You get a newer version of ADO along with it, to boot.)

When you say the script crashes, what do you mean? Throws an ADO error, or something more horrible?

Rick Brown
rick_at_onramp.net Received on Wed Oct 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT