could not connect to listener address (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=<our dbname>))

From: Grace Tsai <gtsai_at_ribm00.rhic.bnl.gov>
Date: 1997/10/21

Since we upgraded our Oracle from 7.2.3 to 7.3.2, exactly every two minutes, the following message is appended to the file alert_<OurDatabaseMame>.log which is located in the directory listed in the file config<Our Database Name>.ora background_dump_dest. The appended message is:

could not connect to listener address: (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)(KEY=<Our Database Name>))

We are using TCP/IP in SQL*Net.

Has anybody got this error message in the log file before? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Grace Tsai
Brookhaven National Laboratory
RHIC/Computing Group Received on Tue Oct 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT