Re: from database to another database data load

From: Matt Southcott <matts_at_xxxnifcosynergy.com>
Date: 1997/10/21

As far as I can tell you want to copy some data from one table to an identical(or group of feilds) in another database. If I am correct in assuming this the best way to go about this is by using COPY.

try this

log into the server that you want to copy the table TO not where it currently resides. This command will recreate the table and populate it according to the SELECT statement

SQLPLUS>set copycommit 1
SQLPLUS>set arraysize 1000
SQLPLUS>COPY FROM remote_user/remotepassword_at_connect string
CREATE your table
USING
SELECT blah blah blah

There many options for this COPY command if you need more info try the online manuals or a DBA book that is where I found it.

Hope this helps.