Re: ODBC, SQLNet, OCI - Which One With PersonalOracle7 on Desktop

From: sm <sm_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 1997/10/21

Just mention 2: as the connect string in you c/c++ program.

So, if it is oci....
olog(&lda, hda, "userid", -1, "password", -1, "2:", -1, OCI_LM_DEF);

If you are accessing using ODBC, create a datasource for Oracle with 2: as the connect string. Use the datasource name in your c/c++ program.

If you are performing custom install, do not choose SqlNet and it should not ask you to choose the protocol. However, if you are choosing some other install option, SqlNet will be installed and it will ask you to select a protocol. Choose one... the SqlNet DLLs are fairly small.

-sm