Launching a VMS program / command procedure from within SQL or PL/SQL

From: siim <siim_at_specht.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/20

hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to launch a VMS program or command procedure from a SQL or PL/SQL script. The idea is to use Oracle to synchronize two programs. One program would write a filename into a column in a table. This column would have a trigger associated with it, which would have to kick off a VMS program, which would do something with that file.

Can anybody help me with this ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know I could poll the database to detect a change in that table, but I don't consider that as a clean solution.

Thanks,
Ivan Mermans Received on Mon Oct 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT