Oracle Metalink Problems

From: <csimich_at_mail.ue.com.au>
Date: 1997/10/18

Could anyone (particularly Oracle officials) comment on the sudden change in availability patterns of Oracle Metalink web pages. Since they changed to the new interface, the system has been unavailable quite frequently and no explanation of causes or indidcation on when will it be available again (during the outages) is given. The attemps to find that information from their web master only resulted in an automatic answer a week ago and no follow up. The system is unavailable again, right now.

It seems that this type of service is seen as free (though only available to Oracle 'metals' support subscribers) and not treated with the same 'respect' one would provide to other type of commercial sevices.

Again, I would appreciate Oracle commenting on this. This oppinion is mine and does not necessarily reflect the position of my employer.
This oppinion is mine and does not necessarily reflect the position of my employer. Received on Sat Oct 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT