Re: Calculating when a segment will need a new extent

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/10/18

Use the DBMS_SPACE package provided by ORACLE. It contains two procedures: UNUSED_SPACE and FREE_BLOCKS, that can provide the information you need.

You can find details about the DBMS_SPACE package and its contents in the script $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmsutil.sql.

Hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu