Re: AIX Bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Ian Cary <cary_at_gatwick.geco-prakla.slb.com>
Date: 1997/10/17

I have yet to see Intelligents Agents working correctly using 7.3.3 on any platform (apart from maybe NT), however the version 8 one seems to work perfectly well, so I would recommend obtaining a copy of the v8 software and using that.
I currently have a couple of production 7.3 instances which I don't intend to upgrade to v8 just yet and a trial v8 instance on the same Solaris 2.5.1 server. I have established that SQL*Net 8 works fine for all instances and also the intelligent agent, so I am using v7.3.3 for my server software and v8 for my SQL*Net software. I have also managed to use Enterprise Manager v1.4 to schedule jobs on each of these instances - so it all seems to hang together fine.

Cheers,

Ian Received on Fri Oct 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT