Re: ERROR MESSAGES FROM THE BROWSER

From: Fred Hirschfeld <johndoe_at_microsoft.com>
Date: 1997/10/17

> 1.- How to use forms in PL/SQL to pass info between web pages?
Simple:

  htp.formOpen('package.function');
  htp.formHidden('name', value);  -- any hidden variables
  htp.formText(cname=>'name', cvalue=>'value');  -- any text fields
  htp.formClose;

Then the package.function must have all of the form element names as IN parameters to receive the value.

> 2.- Why does this cursor break my web page?
The cursor does not have to be opened, simply use the for loop. It will automatically be opened.

> 3.- Is there any way to see an error message in the browser
> that explain what really happens?
Use exceptions:
  BEGIN
  EXCEPTION