Re: REDO LOG RETRIEVAL

From: Danilo Gimenez <danilog_at_mandic.com.br>
Date: 1997/10/17

T. A. Hereford <therefor_at_nospam.simpsonind.com> wrote in article <62510p$7s1_at_bolivia.earthlink.net>...
> I'm practicing scenarios in recovery.
>
> How do you recover from losing your current redo log files (mirrors
> included)?
> I would assume I could recover up to the last archive log but that
 doesn't
> seem to be the case.
> Even an incomplete recovery does not work.
> I cannot drop or clear current active logs even when they don't exist.

Unfortunatly, the answer is simple: you can't. You'll have to restore a FULL DATABASE BACKUP (online or not) and apply all *available* archived redo logs. As you loose online redos, you'll not be able to recover up to the time of failure.

--

DANILO GIMENEZ
danilog_at_mandic.com.br