Re: HELP!!!-I can't startup the database

From: Danilo Gimenez <danilog_at_mandic.com.br>
Date: 1997/10/17

Javi:

You have a big problem. I think you'll have to restore the FULL backup, not only those damaged files.
Before you start the database, you can copy the CONTROL FILE in disk6 to disk5. Then, you can try this commands sequence:

startup mount
recover database until cancel using backup controlfile;

   <<at this point you should type "CANCEL" at the recover prompt >> alter database open resetlogs;

This is not very safe, unless you know exactlly those commands do AND WHAT ARE THEIR LIMITATIONS. DANILO GIMENEZ
danilog_at_mandic.com.br
Sao Paulo - SP - Brasil

Javi <javi_at_eitb.com> escreveu no artigo <34465E15.F4C_at_eitb.com>...