Re: startup and shutdown procedure for users

From: Danilo Gimenez <danilog_at_mandic.com.br>
Date: 1997/10/17

Bob Rock <bob.rock_at_abakus.si> escreveu no artigo <620iq1$rb6$1_at_kanja.arnes.si>...
> Hi!
> I want to create startup and shutdown procedure for users. I try to
 create
> trigger on v$session, but i can't find the table (v$session is a synonym
 for
> v_$session, v_$session is a view as select ... from v$session).

  1. You can't create triggers on views.
  2. You should not work around SYS.V$, SYS.V_$, SYS.X$ or any SYS.* objects. It is a bit dangerous.
  3. Try using Oracle8. This new version has a stored function for each profile you create. These functions run when a user connects to the database and return TRUE (the user can connect) or FALSE (the user is not allowed to connect). These functions are user-(you)-defined !!

DANILO GIMENEZ
danilog_at_mandic.com.br
Sao Paulo - SP - Brasil Received on Fri Oct 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT