WebServer hidden forms and passing varriables

From: Mark Wolak <Wolakm_at_cc.tacom.army.mil>
Date: 1997/10/15

I am trying to figure out how to build a link which will call a procedure and pass a varriable. For instance...

  1. I generate a list of employees that belong on a team.
  2. I would like the list to be anchors that call a procedure and sends the employees userID. This procedure will generate a resume page based on tables in the database.

I have figures out how to call the procedure but I am having a hard time getting the varriable there.

Also, Is there a source for examples of this type? Preferably on line.

( this gives me a list that has links to the procedure but the parameter
doesn't pass correctly)

PROCEDURE skills_a1
(p_ad IN VARCHAR2 DEFAULT NULL)

IS

CURSOR C2 IS
    SELECT *
    FROM markw.a_team
    WHERE (ad)like p_ad
    order by ldr_last_nm;

BEGIN htp.header (2,'Associate Director '||p_ad); htp.UlistOpen;
  for I IN C2 LOOP

      htp.listItem ('<a href="skills (p_who='||i.leaderid||')">'
                               ||i.ldr_frst_nm||' '||i.ldr_last_nm||' -
'||i.team_nm);
(the above line is the problem. I want it to generate a link that will
call the PROC skill (p_who).)
(I tried a few attempts to use htp.formhidden with no luck.)
(this is just one of many attempts)

  end loop;
htp.Ulistclose;
END;

Thanks In advance...
Mark Wolak
wolakm_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Wed Oct 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT