WebServer, SSI, redirects

From: Leslie_B_DreyerKalra <lbd_at_techiesinc.com>
Date: 1997/10/15

I'm going to ask for more help here, since I'm still thrashing on this problem...

Running WebServer 2.1, Oracle 7.3.3.3, SPARC Solaris 2.5.1.

I need to use SSI to execute a stored procedure from within a static HTML document. I use the following line to do that:

<!--#config cmdecho="ON"-->
<!--#exec cgi="/strat/owa/strategy.show_buttons"-->

That URL works directly, outside the web page, but I get an *** SSI Execution Error **** when I try to do it with the SSI. I've also tried changing /strat to /ows-bin (mapped in the listener), but that doesn't work either.

Other SSIs work, though -- a shell script works, #includes work, various configs work, etc. Only stored procedures don't. The error message is wonderfully descriptive:

ERROR: error in exec'ing
/u01/app/oracle/product/7.3.3/ows21/bin//owa/strategy.show_buttons ERROR: error in processing exec..cgi tag

I've tried this two ways: with /strat/owa configured in the WRB and with it configured in the listener directory mappings as /strat/. If I use the WRB configuration without the listener mapping, then redirects don't work. If I use only the listener mapping, redirects work, but SSIs don't either way.

What am I missing here? Should I be calling it a different way? I've been beating my head against a wall for over a month now and it's starting to hurt...;)

*Any* ideas you might have would be appreciated!

--
Leslie Dreyer Kalra
Techies, Inc.