Re: Moving a table to a different tablespace

From: Robert <rprendin_at_magi.com>
Date: 1997/10/15

>>CREATE TABLE new_tspace.new_table AS SELECT * FROM old_tspace.old_table
this will recreate the table under a new schema, not necessarily a new tablespace. If the default tablespace for both users are the same, you're out of luck. The quickest way and at the same time you can compress the extents is to export then import. You will have to change the default tablespace for that user before the import.

Cheers, Robert Prendin