Re: Does table trigger fire on SQLLoader DIRECT load?

From: Ken Nichols <knichols_at_mcsilo.ilo.dec.com>
Date: 1997/10/14

Kelly,

This is pasted in from the Oracle8 online docs for SQL*LOADER:

Table insert triggers are also disabled when a direct path load begins. After the rows are loaded and indexes rebuilt, any triggers that were disabled are automatically re-enabled. The log file lists all triggers that were disabled for the load. There should not be any errors re-enabling triggers.

Unlike integrity constraints, insert triggers are not reapplied to the whole table when they are enabled. As a result, insert triggers do not fire
for any rows loaded on the direct path. When using the direct path, the application must ensure that any behavior associated with insert triggers is carried out for the new rows.