Re: OWS2.1 Process question...

From: Phil Herring <revdoc_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 1997/10/14

In article <344130FC.F4B_at_no.spam.cyberdev.net> Ken Parker, kparker_at_no.spam.cyberdev.net writes:
>I'm using ows 2.1 on 7.3.3 (solaris 2.5.1). I'm getting a lot of stray
>processes that all go away if the listener is bounced. The real
>solution would be to figure out what's causing the stray processes, but
>until then, I want to bounce the listener every so often vi cron.

Web clients that click "stop" before a query completes will leave web request broker (wrb) processes running. This is a know problem. It has no solution, except to bounce the web listener. I do this every night.

>For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this!

You run wlctl21 as follows:

        $ wlctl21 reload <listener>

To start and stop the listener:

	$ wlctl21 start <listener>
	$ wlctl21 stop <listener>

Copyright 1997 Phil Herring. This article may not be reproduced for profit.