Re: OCI & Character Sets

From: sm <sm_at_nowhere.com>
Date: 1997/10/14

Oracle will insert/retrieve '?' when it cannot convert the character between the two charactersets (client and the server charactersets).

Three pointers:

(a) Ensure that your database has been created with the appropiate characterset (Japanese or Hebrew).

(b) Ensure that you specify the same characterset in the client environment (NLS_LANG= <language>.<territory>_<characterset>)

(c) Ensure your client platform OS is capable of supporting this characterset.

-sm