Re: HOW to see desc, constraints on a table

From: replace this with _at_ <_at_)xs4all.nl>
Date: 1997/10/14

On 11 Oct 97 20:47:24 GMT, "Cecil D'Souza" <cecil_at_total.net> wrote:

>I want to see the description of my tabels with the constraints. How do I
>achieve this.

SELECT		A.TABLE_NAME
,		B.CONSTRAINT_NAME
FROM		USER_TABLES		A
,		USER_CONSTRAINTS	B
WHERE		B.TABLE_NAME = A.TABLE_NAME;

Tadaaa!

>I have checked all the damn manuals and am stuck. Pl help.

Try readin' it next time! Try the following rules if you're looking for this kind of basic information:

  1. If you're looking for a table, try finding it with "select table_name from all_tables where table_name like '%findme%';".
  2. If you want to know the structure, try "desc <table_name>"
  3. If you want to look something up in an Oracle book, make sure it's in your language.
  4. If you get worried, because you still don't know what to do, ask a collegue or the DBA.
  5. If all of the above doesn't work, put your question in the newsgroup, politely!

>Thank you to Oracle for the fantastic documentation.

Yeah, it really is great, once you've opened it ;-)))