Oracle / Delphi3 ... handling big integers ...

From: NEIL HIGGINS <nh007_at_seqeb.gov.au>
Date: 1997/10/13

We have key fields in our Oracle database of type NUMBER(28).

When Delphi 3 c/s gets hold of these, it wants to turn them into TFloatField type fields ... result: they get rounded!

I'll never be manipulating these fields in my Delphi application, only using them as keys and foreign keys.

How can I get them into and out of my TQuery object as strings?

Regards,
Neil Higgins
nh007_at_seqeb.gov.au Received on Mon Oct 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT