How to get multiple row via a stored procedure

From: Price Waterhouse LLP <user_at_msn.com>
Date: 1997/10/13

Hello,

I am developing an application in VC++ and accessing the Oracle database via ODBC. I have to access the data via stored procedure. I created a stored procedure in Oracle as:
Create stored procedure....
and in the body
()
is empname employee.name%TYPE;
Begin
select name into empname from employee;
end;

since this will return multiple records the sqlplus complains and can't execute it and if I try to execute it via ODBC, I get the same error message.

Is this possible at all in Oracle. I have to make my application compatible with Access and Oracle. This method does work in Access. Although Access stored procedure are Predefined queries.

Thanks in advance.

n_akhtar_at_msn.com Received on Mon Oct 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT