ODBC and PL/SQL Function

From: Robert Edgar <robedgar_at_hkstar.com>
Date: 1997/10/12

 I am using 7.3 and latest ODBC drivers and NT4.0.

When use the ODBC Test utility to execute the following

SELCT 1, MYUPPER('a'), 2
FROM DUAL where MYUPPER is a PL/SQL function thst simply converst a string to upper case I get weird results.

  1. If the PL/SQL function is the first column in the select statement then only the function result is shown all the other columns are missing .
  2. If the function call is last all the column shows

ie once the PL/SQL call is made nothing else gets displayed for that row.

In some other ODBC utilities nothign get displayed at all for the row.

Now before you suggest it, it is NOT the function as I can use it many other non
ODBC tools and it correctly works ( SQL Nav, Delphi etc etc ) its only in ODBC that the problem shows up.

The strange thing is this only shows up for functions that return a VARCHAR2, return an INTEGER and its OK.

Does anyone know what the problem is and a work around......

Rob Received on Sun Oct 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT