Can OCI on SunOS query a table on Solaris?

From: Rich Tsui <tsui_at_cbmi.upmc.edu>
Date: 1997/10/12

Hi oracle OCI gurus:

   It's me again. Thanks all replies regarding to my first oracle question.
Here is my second one. I would like to create an OCI client code which is running on SunOS to query an oracle table on Solaris. We have SQL*NET V.2 running on Solaris. However we don't have oracle server running on SunOS. Well I don't even know how I can come up with an OCI code on SunOS since we only have Oracle for Solaris.

  Thus, is it possible that I can use OCI on SunOS to query a table on Solaris?
If yes, does that mean I have to install oracle on my SunOS machine? OK even I install it, can SunOS oracle talk to Solaris oracle via TCP/IP?
Any suggestion is welcome.

Rich Tsui
University of Pittsburgh Received on Sun Oct 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT