Re: restructuring tables in Oracle Lite - trouble

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1997/10/12

There are two issues here; first, Oracle does not permit the types of structual changes you are attempting. Second, in the eyes of Oracle you are attempting operations that are not permitted -- even though the error messages seem confusing.

Oracle does not permit structural changes to tables because such changes could result in data corruption. Instead you are required to drop the table and then recreate it in the new format.

Jerry