ODBC, SQLNet, OCI - Which One With PersonalOracle7 on Desktop

From: Greg Teets <teetshd_at_email.uc.edu>
Date: 1997/10/11

I have the 90-day trial of PersonalOracle7 on my Windows 95 machine.

I want to write an app in C++ to connect to it.

Do I need to use SQLNet to connect via ODBC? When I rry to install SQLNet it asks me what communication protocol I want to use (TCP/IP, named pipes, etc). This doesn't seem like it would be required to use it on the same box.

Should I just use the OCI?

Can't I just make a local connection somehow?

As you can tell, I'm finding this pretty confusing. Thanks for any explanation you can give me.

Greg Received on Sat Oct 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT