Re: Sharing 1 OCI connection between 2 programs

From: <edwards_at_>
Date: 1997/10/11

Beckers Gunter wrote:

> Hey,
> I try to write c-prog's on a AIX 4.1 using OCI and Oracle server 7.3.2 .
> Is it possible to use one OCI-connection in two independent processes ?
>
> Have somebody a tip to do this ?
> --

I suppose you could have program2 get a copy of the LDA-HDA from program1
but I dont know if a connection to oracle depends solely on the values in LDA-HDA.

Or you could have program1 store LDA-HDA in shared memory so that program2 could share it?

If you get it to work Id like to see it. I am also writing OCI programs on AIX4.1 and ORACLE 7.3.2.

Good Luck.
-Steve Edwards
-SCDNR Received on Sat Oct 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT