Help with disconnecting users

From: Dave Clarke <dave_at_keve.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/11

I want to kill off some-users who've connected to the the server via sqlnet from their PC (usually when they've gone to lunch and managed to lock a table). I've used V$SESSION,V$LOCK and V$PROCESS to identify the session in question but when I kill the process the only thing I seem to kill is the sqlnet link, the users SQL Session remains alive and locking.

I can use enterprise manager to kill the users session so I know it can be done, unfortunately because I'm the only one with EM it means I spend vast amounts of the hours between 12 & 2 killing sessions.

Any ideas on what EM actually does would be gratefully received

DaveClarke Received on Sat Oct 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT