Re: Set_Item_property : Displayed

From: Jomarlen <jomarlen_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/10/10

Hi

At the risk of sounding churlish, I believe people should check out the manual and/or on-line help before posting.

Having got that off my chest, below is what the manual says.

Below that is a package I use for setting enabled/disabled properties which could
be adapted for displayed/not dispalyed
items properties.

John

ENABLED False ·sets the Navigable item

                    property to False
              ·sets the Update_NULL item
                    property to False
              ·sets Updateable to False
              ·sets the Required item
                    property to False
DISPLAYED False ·sets the Enabled and
                      Navigable item
                      properties to False
                ·sets Updateable to False
                ·sets the Update_NULL item
                      property to False
                ·sets the Required item
                      property to False
                ·sets the Queryable item
                       property to False
UPDATEABLE True  ·sets the Update_NULL item
                       property to False
UPDATE_NULL True ·sets the Updateable item
                       property to False

PACKAGE Form_Item IS

  PROCEDURE Disable_Item (p_Disable_Item IN VARCHAR2);
  PROCEDURE Enable_Item(p_Enabled_Item   IN   VARCHAR2

,p_Navigable IN BOOLEAN DEFAULT TRUE
,p_Required IN BOOLEAN DEFAULT TRUE
,p_Updateable IN BOOLEAN DEFAULT TRUE
,p_Update_Null IN BOOLEAN DEFAULT FALSE );
----------------------------------------------------------------------------- END; PACKAGE BODY Form_Item IS ------------------------------------------------------------------
  PROCEDURE Disable_Item (p_Disable_Item IN VARCHAR2)   IS
   It_Id ITEM;
  BEGIN
    It_Id := Find_Item(p_Disable_Item);

    IF NOT Id_Null(It_Id) THEN

      Set_Item_Property (p_Disable_Item
                        ,ENABLED
                        ,Property_False);
   END IF;
END;
  PROCEDURE Enable_Item(p_Enable_Item    IN   VARCHAR2

,p_Navigable IN BOOLEAN DEFAULT TRUE
,p_Required IN BOOLEAN DEFAULT TRUE
,p_Updateable IN BOOLEAN DEFAULT TRUE
,p_Update_Null IN BOOLEAN DEFAULT FALSE )
IS t_Item_Id item; BEGIN t_Item_Id := Find_Item(p_Enable_Item);

    /*

    /*     /*     /*  END IF; END;

END Form_Item;

John C. Lennon