Re: Determining Oracle Session from PID

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1997/10/10

WINSLOW-DAVID-G4853DW <WINSL000_at_mail.genmills.com> wrote in article <01bcd4db$b61cd340$951cd992_at_WINSLOW-DAVID.genmills.com>...
> We are running Oracle 7.3.2.3 on HPUX 10.20 and using Forms 4.5 in
> character mode.
> Currently we are running into the following problem - when one of the
> terminals running forms is reset (because it is locked) Oracle does not
> always release the locks that were set in that form. Is there a way to
> determine what the Oracle session is from the process id or in some other
> manner so that we can release the lock automatically ???

SELECT
  sid "Oracle Session ID",
  serial# "Oracle Session Serial Number",   osuser "UNIX User",
  terminal "UNIX terminal",
  process "UNIX Client PID"
FROM v$session

UNIX User - userid used by the Forms user Unix terminal - terminal device (e.g. pts/1) of the user (see the Unix ps command)
Unix client pid - the Forms App process id in Unix (see ps command)

Hope this points you in the right direction. :-)

regards,
Billy Received on Fri Oct 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT