Re: How many Users on Oracle

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1997/10/10

Hi Chris,

The key is the amount of work that is being done, not the number of users who are connected. For example, I completely saturated a four processor NT server with only eight users while running a benchmark designed to simulate heavy data warehouse usage. On the other hand I have been told that when running short transactions against well indexed data bases with no more than two tables being joined in any one transaction a four processor NT with Oracle can easily handle thirty active users with excellent response time.

Jerry