Re: newbie plsql

From: Nuno Martins <nunomartins_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: 1997/10/10

The free extents size after i drop the index , are not the problem . First i fill the tablespace where the index is , then i drop the index and recreate it .
If i drop the index in a block plsql and after , in the same block for example , select free extents in that tablespace ,they aren´t there . But if i execute the create index instruction in sqlplus as it is in the block plsql , i create it exactly with the same extents .

I´m trying to defrag data that is insight blocks not extents of a segment ( index stagnation ) .