Re: Fooling an Oracle application

From: Stuart Bonehill <bonehils_at_ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: 1997/10/09

Hi,

   if I understand you correctly you could create a view as follows once you have created the new table. Note that the new able will have to be called somethig different and the view named the same as th original table ( if that makes sense!)

create view original_table_name
as
select '0000'||COLUMN-B||COLUMN-C||COLUMN-D COMPANY-INFO from new_table_name
/

I hope this helps.

Stuart